Saturday, November 9, 2013

Make My Yummy Banana-Oatmeal Cookies and Watch How They Disappear!


As a rule, bananas don't last long enough to get overly ripe at our house, but occasionally this occurs.  Though I am not pointing blame, I suspect my family has an ulterior motive and does this on purpose.  Devious minds that they have, they know that I am not one to waste, which results in me baking something delicious using those bananas like this recipe for my banana-oatmeal cookies.

This particular recipe has a bit more nutrition with oatmeal and walnuts added.  It's also so easy to whip up and best of all will put those bananas to good use before they spoil.

I hope the next time you have overly ripe bananas that you will want to try my recipe.  I truly think you will love these drop cookies!

Yummy Banana-Oatmeal Cookies

1-1/2 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, leveled
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
3/4 cup of margarine (not spread)
1 large egg
1 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 or 3)
1-3/4 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

With your electric mixer, cream the margarine with the sugar thoroughly in your mixing bowl. 

Then add the egg and continue beating until well combined and then the mashed bananas.

Sift together in another mixing bowl, the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and spices.  Next, add the measured oatmeal to that mixing bowl.

Slowly, mix the dry ingredients with the moistened ones until everything is combined together. 

Throw in the chopped walnuts last and mix through the batter.

Drop the batter by teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  You should get about four dozen.

Bake in a 400-degree oven for about 15 minutes.  Test to see if anything sticks with a toothpick. 

ENJOY!