Sunday, November 24, 2013

Try My Best Honey Roasted Chicken for An Easy Dinner!


I am a fan of eating more than I am of the work to create those delicious dishes.  The recipe that I want to share is one of the simplest ones ever that also tastes out of this world due to its exotic mix of honey, mustard, curry, and ginger.  

I especially love to make this dish when I am rushed and have a lot to do since it will fool family and friends with its unique flavor like you slaved all day in the kitchen instead of the minutes of prep time it took.

Although you can use Dijon Mustard, I prefer using the plain variety of mustard since it will not compromise the sweetness as much.  However, if you like a bit more tang, then you can substitute the Dijon.

If you like chicken, I do hope you print out my recipe and give this dish a try.  You'll save yourself time and still enjoy a fabulous chicken dinner!

My Best Honey Roasted Chicken

1 broiler fryer chicken
1/3 cup of olive oil or canola oil
1/3 cup of honey
2 tablespoons of plain mustard or Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of curry powder
1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger

After you clean your chicken, place it in a shallow baking pan with the skin side up.

Combine all the ingredients and then pour over the chicken.

Bake this chicken in a 350-degree oven for about 1-1/4 hours, depending on how your oven is regulated.   

Baste your bird about every 20 minutes or so to keep it moist and delectable.

ENJOY!