Friday, October 28, 2016

My Incredible Popcorn Balls Make Excellent Halloween Treats!

popcorn.jpeg
Try my Incredible Popcorn balls for a great combination of sweet and crunch! 


Whether popcorn is in its salty form or sweetened up, it is always popping at a regular basis at my house. For special occasions like Halloween, I like to make this recipe for my Incredible Popcorn Balls because it goes over well with trick-or-treaters with having both sweetness and crunch to it from its tasty combination.

I hope that you try my recipe because it is delicious according to family, friends that are both young and old.



My Incredible Popcorn Balls

5 quarts of popped popcorn (one cup of unpopped kernels)
3/4 cup of light corn syrup
1/3 cup of butter
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups of confectioners’ sugar
3/4 cup of mini marshmallows


Heat the corn syrup, butter, sugar, and marshmallows until it comes to a boil, then promptly remove from the heat.  

Stir in the vanilla next.

In a large mixing bowl that already has your popped popcorn, you will pour the melted sugar mixture over it. Stir with your wooden spoon to make sure the popcorn and sugar mixture get thoroughly coated.

Being how sticky this is, you will want to immediately rub some cooking oil or whatever remaining melted butter from your saucepan on your hands before you attempt to shape into balls. The grease helps cut down the stickiness so lube up.  However, you need to do this quickly before this mixture cools and hardens up.

Wrap each finished ball in a sheet of plastic wrap. (This also is easier when you have help with one person shaping and another in charge of the plastic wrap). I like to pretty them up with a second wrapping of cellophane and twist ties, which keep them better protected.  

ENJOY!