Saturday, December 14, 2013

Brighten Holiday Spirits With My Special Chocolate-Peppermint Mallow Pie!


Chocolate-Peppermint Mallow Pie.jpeg
Delicious Chocolate-Peppermint Mallow Pie!


Baking something sensational to serve your family and friends for the holidays is easier when you have a really great recipe at your fingertips like my Special Chocolate-Peppermint Mallow Pie.  Imagine cooked chocolate-pudding like filling with mini marshmallows and shredded coconut melting through that velvety mix spiked with peppermint extract and bourbon vanilla to play off that dark deliciousness.  The taste is a decadent chocolate indulgence that you won't be able to resist once you get your first bite.

You simply pour this cooked filling into a prebaked pie shell and will later cover and chill it in the refrigerator.  Please use my oil pie crust recipe if you haven't tried it yet.  No joke, readers, this is the ultimate foolproof pie crust recipe that you will ever come across. 

Even if you never baked a pie before, your crust will turn out flaky with this simple recipe that I am sharing with you.  You have my word on it.  Trust me, but you won't see another pie crust recipe on Nuts 4 Stuff because this is the only one I make these days for any dessert pies, pot pies, quiches, or tarts.

If I already made your mouth water, then I do apologize.  However, I hope when you start your holiday baking that you will remember my recipe and give it a try. 


piece of Chocolate-Peppermint Mallow Pie.jpeg
Here is a piece of my Chocolate-Peppermint Mallow Pie.


My Special Chocolate-Peppermint Mallow Pie

2/3 cup of sugar
4 tablespoons of cornstarch
5 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
4 large egg yolks
3 cups of evaporated milk
1 cup of mini marshmallows
1 cup of shredded coconut (reserve about 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top)
1 teaspoon of Nielsen-Massey Vanillas Pure Peppermint Extract
1 teaspoon of Nielsen-Massey Vanillas Bourbon Vanilla Extract

Mix  the cornstarch, cocoa and sugar in your pan. 

Add the egg yolks to the milk and whisk together before pouring into the dry ingredients in your saucepan.

Heat the mixture until it thickens to a boil, stirring constantly.

Take off of the heat and stir in the marshmallows, coconut, and extracts before pouring into your baked pie shell.  

Use the reserved coconut to sprinkle on top.

Cover and refrigerate.

ENJOY!
Chocolate-Peppermint Mallow Pie front view.jpeg
Chocolate-Peppermint Mallow Pie