Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mirenesse Cosmetics iCurl TwinHeated Lash Curler + Secret Weapon iCurl 24Hr Mascara Opens Eyes Even With Short Lashes to New Extremes! (Review)

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Mirenesse Cosmetics Secret Weapon iCurl 24Hr Mascara.jpeg
Secret Weapon iCurl 24Hr Mascara



I have always believed in the benefits of using an eyelash curler.  Having shorter lashes, I found a crimp eyelash curler indispensable for opening up my eyes before applying mascara.  However, I had never tried a heated eyelash curler until Mirenesse Cosmetics included their award-winning iCurl TwinHeated Lash Curler and Secret Weapon iCurl 24Hr Mascara in a box of products to review.

You want to apply mascara after you use a heated eyelash curler.  If you tried applying mascara in the same way using a conventional crimp curler, the force of it would damage and pull out lashes.  On the other hand, the heated eyelash curler is designed to work harder using the warmth and mascara together as a curling catalyst.

The first thing I did was to reach for the Secret Weapon iCurl 24Hr Mascara.  This is a unique memory driven formula to work specifically with their lash curler for boosting the curl while lifting lashes up to 90% higher and locking curl for the most time.  This mascara has an excellent shaped brush patterned to fit like a dream between individual lashes and extend over the complete lid from end to end without any gaps.

I applied the mascara on my lashes first vertically and then horizontally from the base to the tip so everything was covered.  Finding that this formula  didn't clump or make the lashes still together while working was wonderful as well.  One coat of this deep black mascara was perfect for daytime.  Despite stubby, little lashes, this product did manage to open my eyes more than I ever expected.  Now, I was really getting excited because my lashes need coaxing with my crimp eyelash curler before they do that. 

Smiling at those results, the first thing I did was to insert two "AAA" batteries so I could operate the iCurl TwinHeated Lash Curler since it did not ship with batteries.  Before you begin, you need to allow it to heat first for about 10-15 seconds once you turn it on.  In order to tell if it is hot, I checked the color of the pad.  Instead of red, the pad turns clear when it is ready to use. 
Mirenesse Cosmetics iCurl TwinHeated Lash Curler.jpeg
Mirenesse Cosmetics iCurl TwinHeated Lash Curler

Secret Weapon iCurl 24Hr Mascara.jpeg
Secret Weapon iCurl 24Hr Mascara
After I got that sign, I slipped my lashes inside between the gap at the base.  When my lashes were properly positioned, I moved over the silver button, which controls the twin pads lifting and held steady for about 15 seconds or so.  Later, I slide the button down to free my lashes.

As I examined my work, my eyes looked so beautiful with a black, more upward curling fringe of lashes.   It was hard to believe how well the iCurl Lash Curler complimented the Secret Weapon iCurl 24Hr Mascara when it comes to transforming short lashes into more lush, curling ones that you can barely recognize. 
 iCurl TwinHeated Lash Curler.jpeg
 iCurl TwinHeated Lash Curler

After putting on my new mascara, I wiped the pad of all traces of black left behind with a damp cotton square before storing the iCurl Lash Curler away. 

The rest of the day, I just enjoyed looking more glamorous.  Even when I forgot that I had mascara on and rubbed my eyes, I didn't smudge, flake, or end up with black rings around my eyes.  The weird part is how  just rinsing away with warm water is sufficient enough to get such stubborn mascara gone in a flash.

Glamorizing this way does require extra effort.  You do need to wash the mascara brush after use in sterile saline or boiled and cooled water as well.  Nonetheless, when you see the difference using it, then you don't mind.  

My advice, ladies, is to head to Mirenesse and check both products out.  The Secret Weapon iCurl 24Hr Mascara retails for $35.96 and the iCurl TwinHeated Lash Curler goes for $44.96.