Sunday, July 23, 2017

What You Need to Remember If You Favor Skinny Jeans or Leggings!

woman sitting on table in skinny jeans.jpeg
If you love skinny jeans and leggings, you need to read this post.

For the most part, the trend of colored skinny jeans has lost momentum for 2017.  Yet, skinny jeans are still going strong this year, especially the variety with stretch. As flattering as a body-hugging style may treat your curves, there is something you never think about until it happens to you.  I’m talking about what to do if you accidentally spill a piping, hot beverage in your lap.  


Having lived through this nightmare, your first thought is getting those jeans off as quickly as possible.  I was lucky that my horrible experience occurred at home in my kitchen and not when I was out in public. Immediately, I stripped trying to escape that intense pain from an entire cup of scalding hot chocolate that fell out of my hand between my legs.  However, I later found out that it was a mistake.

What I learned while I was healing was that it is better to immediately run a tub with warm (not hot) water and jump in with the jeans on.  This helps air from getting to the burn and lessens the risk of shock.  If someone is with you, have them root through your pantry for a box of baking soda that you can dump into the water because it can temporarily help cool some of the pain.

Regardless of how much you paid for those jeans, if any of the material is stuck to your skin as you carefully undress, cut yourself out.  Be extremely cautious with how you remove that cut material in the area because you don’t more skin with it than the inflicted damage.  Also, by pulling the material away too quickly can embed fabric particles to complicate your risk of infection.

I washed the area as gently as I could with plain soap and water before applying antibiotic ointment, then wrapping with large, sterile non-stick pads before applying layers of sterile cotton gauze.

This post is not meant to frighten you, but to save you pain.  After all, accidents are never planned and do happen when you least expect them.  This healthy living tip post is just worth remembering in case!